Computer accounts at our Institute and at the university
Basically, you have 2 different computer accounts for 2 different IT structures:
- one from the central IT department (URZ) for all university services
- one for the local services of our institute and faculty
Your university account is of the form
Use it for all central services of the university including:
- EduRoam Wireless LAN
- Moodle, AlmaWeb,
- Media computers in lecture rooms,
- VPN, university cloud "Speicherwolke" etc.
This account includes a mail address of the form:
The alternative form
can also be used. You can access this mail account e.g. by the central web mailer mail.uni-leipzig.de.
Some of those services (EduRoam, Moodle, media computer)
expect the long form of the user name with
@uni-leipzig.depart, but some (AlmaWeb, web mail) need the short form without this part.
- Any questions about the university account should be directed to the URZ Servicedesk
- Your account at the institute of mathematics looks like an lowercase ASCII version of your last name.
- It is used for services inside the institute or faculty, e.g.,
- Login to the Linux MiniPCs in the offices,
- Login to protected webpages of the institute and faculty,
- Login to some of our Webservices like BigBlueButton,
- Adding events to our Web calendar, etc...
- The only way to successfully change your password for this account is through this web page.