E-Mail at the Institute
- Your mail address has the form
Firstname.Lastname@math.uni-leipzig.dewhere your name is ASCIIfied in some way. In old Unix tradition, mail sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org also find your inbox. (But the
Fromfield in outgoing mails always uses the long address form.)
You may change the string that appears as "real name" in
Fromfield of your address here.
Mail Client Configuration
Beware that your username for authentication is not your mail address but your
- Receiving mail (IMAP Server):
server: mail.math.uni-leipzig.de protocol: IMAP/IMAPS port: 993 encryption: SSL/TLS authentication: password
- Sending/outgoing mail (SMTP Server):
server: mail.math.uni-leipzig.de protocol: SMTP/SMTPS port: 465 encryption: SSL/TLS authentication: password
- We have also an Web Mail Service.
- Incoming mail is filtered for spam and viruses in several steps by the URZ and by our mail server.
- Please be very cautious of phishing emails! Don't click a link in the mail, don't answer!
- If you miss something: Mail classified as spam by our mail server is stored for 60 days and can be seen in the Quarantine area.